Can anyone buy a ticket?
Anyone is welcome to buy a ticket. Tickets are available:
- Online (with payment by card) click here,
- by post from Tonbridge Music Club, Maridon, London Road, Southborough TN4 0UJ – please enclose a cheque payable to ‘Tonbridge Music Club’ and a stamped addressed envelope,
- in person in advance from Country Garden, 191 High Street, Tonbridge, TN9 1BX (payment by cash or cheque only)
- In person on the door (payment by cash or cheque only)
- Tickets for our evening concerts are free for under-18s and students in full time education. Under-16s must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket.
Can anyone become a member?
Anyone can become a member by paying a full or mini membership subscription. You don’t need a recommendation from an existing member.
- To buy membership online click here
- To download a membership application form to fill in and post with a cheque or bring to a concert click here
- Country Garden cannot accept payments for membership.
Can I cancel my ticket?
You can cancel your ticket and get a full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the performance. After this we are happy for you to pass your ticket on to someone else to use (if you booked online, please let us know who will be collecting it by emailing email@example.com )
How do I cancel my ticket and get a refund?
If you booked online please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and the number of tickets you wish to cancel. We will refund onto the credit card you used to make your original payment.
If you bought your ticket from Country Garden or by post please return both parts of the physical ticket together with a stamped addressed envelope to Tonbridge Music Club, Maridon, London Road, Southborough TN4 0UJ. Your return must reach us by 24 hours before the start of the concert. We will send you a cheque for the refund. It may take us up to three weeks to do this as our cheques have to be signed by two of our officers.
Can I cancel my membership?
Membership subscriptions cannot be refunded. We are happy for you to lend your membership card to a friend if you cannot attend a concert. If you would like to transfer the remainder of your membership to someone else, please contact email@example.com or TMC Membership Secretary, Tonbridge Music Club, Maridon, London Road, Southborough TN4 0UJ and we’ll arrange to swap your card for a new one at the next concert or by post.
Can I change the concerts I’ve chosen for my mini-membership?
If you get your membership card to us more than 24 hours before the start of the concert that you no longer want to attend, and there is availability at the other concert you want we will issue you with a revised card. Please bring your card to us in a concert interval or send it with a stamped addressed envelope to Membership Secretary, Tonbridge Music Club, Maridon, London Road, Southborough TN4 0UJ
Can someone else use my membership card or ticket?
We are happy for you to lend your membership card to someone else. If you have an under-18s or student membership, then the person you lend the card to should also be under-18 or a full time student.
You are free to pass your ticket on. If you’d like someone else to collect a ticket you booked online please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name.
Can I reserve a ticket to pay on the door?
We no longer offer this option.
Where is my ticket?
If you booked online your ticket will be waiting for you on the door at the concert and we will have a record of your name and email there. You should have received a booking confirmation email (please check your spam folder). Please come and collect it from the ‘Online Bookings’ desk when you arrive.
Where is my membership card?
If you booked online or didn’t provide a stamped addressed envelope your membership card will be waiting for you on the door at the concert. Please come and collect it from the ‘Membership’ desk. If you provided a stamped addressed envelope we will have posted your card to you. If it hasn’t arrived come to the Membership desk.
Is the seating numbered?
The seating is not numbered. We reserve a few seats for the committee to sit in. Doors open half an hour before the start of the concert. For some concerts we hold special pre-concert events for members and in these situations members get early access to the concert venue.
Can I bring my child?
All ages are welcome to our concerts. We especially want to encourage youngsters to attend; they will receive a warm welcome
- Our Family Concert is specifically aimed at primary aged children and is interactive – we’ve had dancing in the aisles to Haydn, clapping in 3 parts, and nobody minds if you take a loo break in the middle.
- We’ve been pleased last season to welcome more children to our evening concerts.
Can I leave my child at a concert while I do something else?
No. We are not set up to provide child protection for unaccompanied children.
Are there good sightlines?
Sightlines are limited.
- In the church seating is in pews, and the artists perform on a slightly raised dais (about 30cms high) at the end of the nave in front of the chancel. Some seating is in the aisles. If you are bringing a child we suggest bringing a cushion and arriving early. Our doors will open 30 minutes before the start of the concert.
- In Big School, Tonbridge School the artists are on a stage at the end of the hall (about 1.5m high), with the audience in chairs on a flat floor.). Come early for a front row seat.
Are there interval drinks?
Drinks (wine, juices and bottled water) are on sale in the intervals at our evening concerts. Please buy a token when you arrive.
Are there toilets?
There are a limited number of toilets at both our venues.
How are you using my data?