Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul, Tonbridge
Tonbridge Parish Church is a beautiful medieval building with links to Jane Austen.
Performers praise the church’s wonderful acoustic. The artists perform on a slightly raised dais at the end of the nave in front of the choir stalls. Seating is unreserved in pews.
There is no vehicular access at the church – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a Blue Badge holder.
Parking in Tonbridge can be difficult, please allow yourself plenty of time. The nearest car parks are:
- Kinnings Row, TN9 1NP N.B very limited space (approx 3 mins walk)
- Upper Castle Field, TN9 1BH (approx 5 mins walk)
- Castle Grounds, TN9 1BH (approx 5 mins walk)
- Lower Castle Field, Swimming Pool. TN9 1HR (approx 10 mins walk)
- Waitrose, 17-19 Sovereign Way, TN9 1RG (approx 10 mins walk)
Big School, Tonbridge School
Big School is the nineteenth century school hall of one of the country’s leading public schools.
The artists perform on a raised stage at the end of the hall. Seating is unreserved, on padded chairs.
- Disabled parking onsite – access from High Street, TN9 1JP
- Limited parking onsite – access via The Avenue, London Road, TN10 3AD
- Additional parking – Tonbridge School Centre, London Road, TN10 3AD (approx 10 mins walk)
Getting to Tonbridge
Travelling By Train
Tonbridge is on the main line from London to Dover via Ashford and London to Hastings and is accessible from the west via Redhill, and Maidstone via Paddock Wood. Our venues are about 30 minutes walk from the station.
Travelling By Car
- From London and the north via the M25 and A21: Leave M25 at Junction 5 (Sevenoaks, Hastings), then south on A21 for 10 miles to the Town Centre
- From the north via the M20: leave at junction 2 and then A20/A227 to Tonbridge
- From the south – A21 Leave at junction for Tonbridge follow signs Town Centre
- From the west – A264/A26 from Southborough towards Tonbridge Town Centre
- From the east – A26 Maidstone- Hadlow follow signs for Town Centre & Castle.